Monday, May 31, 2010

Everyday in May 21-31

It feels like I have crossed the finishing line in a big race or something. When I started out I had no idea it would be this challenging to do a EDM challenge every day. But I did it. And here are my final drawings for this challenge - ten challenges in the same post, must be a new record for me!



EDM 21 - something old
Welcome to my home town, Stockholm. Founded in the 13th century, I's say it certainly counts as something old.



EDM 22 - a piece of clothing
My son's jacket.



EDM 23 - my foot



EDM 24 - fruit, EDM 25 - a glass, EDM 26 - a vegetable



EDM 27 - anything
EDM 28 - an appliance. This is our television showing the winner of the Eurovision song contest. For those of you not familiar with the eurovision I'll just say that it is the second biggest TV-event after the Super Bowl, and it's a music contest. This year Germany won, and rightfully so, they had a great song and a great singer)
EDM 29 - a book. Getting things done, by David Allen. This is something I need to learn very badly. How will I find time to actually read the book?



EDM 30 - a chair. In bright sunlight, so very hard do draw, but i managed to get a bit of our new mini deck in the drawing too. Very pleased.
EDM 31 - something I collect. Can't say I really collect anything (but I wouldn't mind some of these extremely cute mugs with Moomin characters on them). But, well yes, I couls say I collect good times with my friends, and they usually include coffe. Hence the coffee mug.

15 comments:

  1. Hooray - you did it! Your EDM challenges are great . Lots of colour and so many interesting objects and things. Your drawing of Stockholm is beautiful and I also love the red and green of the jacket and chair ! Great month of work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you have a great set of challenges! I really like the colours you have used in the foot picture and the way you have depicted the shadow under the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved looking at your interpretations of the challenges. Congratulations on finishing all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Johanna!
    Congratulations on finishing.
    I like you description of it being like crossing a finishing line of a big race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing! I've enjoyed your interpretations of the daily challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work! The foot and the coat are my favorites but all are well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whewwwww - you did it - and in record speed. Great sketches, composition and subjects, very imagainative and well done - Bravo all around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats to you on finishing!! Absolutely terrific sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Fantastic sketches! Congratulations on finishing such an ambitious project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such a great job on these! Congratulations on finishing that race!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for finishing this. I like how you combined several of the challenges into one composition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to you!! I love the jacket... and the TV show... and your chair... and umm yeah the book... Well.. all of them in fact..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful job on finishing all the EDM"S I love the red Jacket and the chair. So happy and bright. All your work is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Johanna, thanks for your comment on my blog! It was a fun reminder to get back to work.
    Congrats on finishing EDinM!! All of the skethces ore wonderful, I especially enjoy the Stockholm view, wonderful. The foot is great and the background is a perfect touch. The chair on the mini deck is fantastic, great work capturing the sunny feel and the sag of the cloth seat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations for this successful challenge, Johanna! Love every drawing though your son's jacket is my favorite ;-)
    Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete