Saturday, January 2, 2010

EDM # 252



EDM # 252, draw a pine or fir

HB pencil in moleskin sketch book.

A small branch from a pine tree in our back yard (we have four or five huge pine trees). It's way too cold and snowy here for me to draw outdoors, so I let the tree come inside instead.

I must admit I simplified the branch a bit, all the needles made it quite difficult to draw. But nontheless I am happy with the result, I wasn't sure I would be able to pull it off.

Edit - put in a better photograph on jan 9.

4 comments:

  1. You "pulled it off" very nicely, indeed! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing what to leave out is as important as knowing what to put in. Your simplification works to make the drawing read more clearly. Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, You should be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a great job with the pine, but I really like how well you've done the glass too! I have a terrible time with glass!

    ReplyDelete